Why Responsible Netism?
Information, education, communication, E-commerce and services are the biggest advantages of the internet. The internet has tremendous potential and has changed the lives and perceptions of people especially children in multiple ways. It is certainly a boon in many different ways, but, is also a “NECESSARY EVIL”. It is extremely useful and valuable for growth development and empowerment, its impact also has certain disadvantages which cannot be ignored. It is therefore of prime importance to sensitize netizens (net users) about the impact of internet usage and social networking. The movement “Responsible Netism” aims at empowering people about online safety, thus promoting Responsible Online Behaviour.
Awards & Achievements
2014 eNGO Award by Manthan South West INDIA, Standing Tall against 180 Participants from 12 States.
Guidelines to become a Responsible Netizen
Monitor computer usage regularly and set clear limits. Communicate openly and discuss underlying issues about the dangers and impacts of the internet.
Alarmed by the rising number of incidents involving misdemeanour by students outside the campus, schools and colleges are making teenagers attend lectures on "responsible behaviour".
2 million Google, Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
Security experts have uncovered a trove of some 2 million stolen passwords to websites including Facebook, Google, Twitter and Yahoo from internet users across the globe.
- Any unauthorized transactions done through credit / debit card, or in case of loss of credit / debit card.
- If you fall a prey to lottery frauds or Nigerian scams.
- In case you receive obscene, threatening content ( photos, pictures, abusive words) through message or e-mail or on social networking profiles.
PLEDGE YOUR SUPPORT
- about 1 month agoBe a #ResponsibleNetism ! Sometimes the online world can feel "pretend" because you cannot see the person with whom… https://t.co/rSf5wCsROf
- about 1 month agoSmartphone usgae is Not just causing sleep deprivation but much much more https://t.co/t5m2TZhfzv @DrHarish139… https://t.co/soGnqHSXWV
- about 2 months agoWe would love to get involved in this project https://t.co/fiDgVlAYmG